The 2018 GHCF AGM will be held at 7:00 PM on May 7 at the Gabriola Arts and Heritage Centre, 476 South Road, Gabriola. A copy of the announcement follows the by-law changes.
Details of proposed by-law changes
Replace the current wording:
(1) All residents of Gabriola Island, B.C. who assent to the purposes of the society and who are at the time at least 19 years of age will be members of the society unless such person has ceased to be a member as provided herein.
(2) In addition, any person may apply to the directors for membership in the society and on acceptance by the Board of Directors.
With the following:
(1) To be eligible for membership in the Society, an individual must:
(a) reside (full-time or part-time) or own land in the Gabriola Island Local Trust area, as that area is established under the Islands Trust Act of British Columbia, and
(b) be 19 years of age or older.
(2) An individual who meets the requirements set out in this section of these bylaws and is not otherwise ineligible under these bylaws may register with the Society as a member.
2. Quorum at Members Meetings
Replace “three” with “five”:
17. (3) “A quorum is three five members present or a greater number that the members may determine at a general meeting.”
3. Directors Nominations Committee
Remove the words after “society”
33. The directors shall, as soon as is reasonable after each annual general meeting, appoint a nominations committee comprised of at least two directors or members of the society. who, if possible, are not officers of the society.
Gabriola Health Care Foundation
2018 Annual General Meeting
Residents of Gabriola are invited to the Gabriola Health Care Foundation AGM to be held at the Gabriola Arts and Heritage Centre, 476 South Road, Gabriola, BC on Monday, May 7, 2018 at 7:00 PM.
Members present will be asked to adopt the minutes of the 2017 AGM (posted on the website www.ghcf.ca) and will hear a variety of reports from the Board of Directors.
The members will be asked to adopt three changes to the Bylaws. Details of the changes are set out on the GHCF website at www.ghcf.ca/2018 agm.html. In general, the changes revise the definition of a member, increase the quorum for a meeting of the members and change the membership of the nominating committee.
The Nominations Committee will nominate Chuck Connor as a director for a term of 3 years.
A list of those directors continuing in their terms is on the website at www.ghcf.ca/directors.html
Any member of the Foundation (generally residents of Gabriola over age 18 and anyone else who has applied and been accepted as a member by the Board) may be nominated for election to the Board of Directors by submitting a nomination in writing, signed by the candidate and at least five other members of the Foundation. Such nominations must be mailed to P.O. Box 295, Gabriola, BC V0R 1X0 or delivered to Mike Phillips, 1415 Coats Dr, Gabriola V0R 1X6, and be received no later than 48 hours prior to the commencement of the AGM. In accordance with the Bylaws, nominations are not permitted at the meeting.
Nancy Hetherington Peirce, Secretary
April 10, 2018